The Samsung Galaxy S2 users who were badly waiting for the Android 4.0 Update can now update their mobile phones to the latest Android 4.0 ICS Update. The Update has been outed for users in Baltic, Poland, Hungary and other Nordic countries and these users can update their devices using Kies. But users from other countries cannot update their devices to the XXLPQ Firmware because the update will be coming for other countries in the 1-2 months. But you don’t need to wait till then, just follow the simple procedure written by us.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the ODIN Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install XXLPQ ROM on Galaxy S2
- The instructions are working for Samsung Galaxy S2, I9100 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install XXLPQ ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Download the XXLPQ Firmware and the Odin file.
- Extract the downloaded firmware and extract the same, you’ll get two files, ignore the .dll file.
- Power off the phone and now put it into download mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together and the mobile phone will itself start in the download mode).
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Shoot the ODIN application, as soon as you connect your device to the computer, the ID:COM Section will turn yellow itself that indicates that the device is successfully connected.
- Now, Select the PDA Tab and select the file “I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5“.
- Now, click the START Button and the ROM will start flashing itself.
- After the Flashing is complete, most probably you’ll stuck at the “S” logo. Don’t worry just follow the simple procedure.
- Boot into Recovery Mode, to do so just press and hold Home + Volume UP + Power and your mobile phone will boot into recovery.
- From the recovery screen, Go to Factory Reset and Wipe cache one-by-one and confirm both.
- Now, Go back and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the Android ICS ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2.