The OLC4 firmware is very rare and long time no phone has come up with it. The OLC4 firmware will fix the stability, force closes and camera fix on your phone and comes with pre loaded Google Play.
Here in this article we will go through the process on how you can update your DoCoMo Samsung Galaxy SC 02 B with Value Pack OLC4 firmware based Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS. First we will go through the pre upgrade instructions -
Pre Upgrade Instructions
Please go through the following pre upgrade instructions carefully –
The following are the sets of pre upgrade instructions which you should follow before proceeding with the firmware upgrade –
- Make sure that your device is only Samsung Galaxy SC 02B and not other variant of it. You can check for the phone version by going through Settings > About Phone.
- Charge your Galaxy SC 02B to minimum of 80 % charging and then proceed with the update.
- Please make sure that you enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and check it out.
- Finally it’s important that you backup most of the things on your phone. Make use of the following –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos & Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down manually via “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Assuming that you have gone through the above steps, we will now proceed with the actual update procedure.
Disclaimer : Users should understand that neither we nor the developers should be held responsible for anything happens to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Galaxy SC 02B Value Pack OLC4 Android 2.3.6 Procedure
Follow the procedure below carefully –
- Download the latest Value Pack OLC4 firmware package on to your PC.
- Extract the same on your PC once downloaded.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy SC 02 B so that you can enter it in download mode.
- DoCoMo Galaxy SC 02B can be entered into download mode using the Volume down key, home key and holding both of them you need to press the power button until you see a green robot with the text as downloading written on it.You can make use of the following video for download mode –
- On the other side you need to open the Odin tool from the downloaded package.
- Now connect your phone using the original USB Cable to the PC and check out the ID:COM port whether it turns yellow or not. If it turns yellow means that you have connected the phone correctly.
- Click on the PDA tab and select SC02BOMLC4_SC02BDCMLC4_SC02BOMLC4_HOME.tar.md5 file in it.
- Once you are ready you need to click on Start to begin the process of the firmware upgrade.
- As soon as the flashing is done, your phone would be rebooted automatically. Once you see the home screen remove the USB Cable and turn off your device so that we can now enter in the recovery mode.
- DoCoMo Galaxy SC 02B can be entered in the recovery mode with the button combination of Volume up key, centre key and power button all together at once.You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option Wipe data/factory reset and then select the option Wipe Cache Partition and then reboot your device by selection “reboot system now”.
- Once that is done you are done with the firmware upgrade.
Congratulations that you have applied Value Pack OLC4 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy SC O2B smartphone. Do let us know if you face any issue during the process update.