So its Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01 D which has received the recent update to the OMCL3 version dubbed as Honeycomb 3.2 firmware. This update will fix all the basic features issues related to Wi Fi, Bluetooth tethering and Wi Fi tethering as well. Though this is not the official release by Samsung and this update shouldn’t be applied to any other smartphone except Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Pre Requisites for Firmware Upgrade
Follow the procedure mentioned here –
- You should charge your Galaxy Tab 10.1 for atleast 70 % of battery life on it.
- Make sure that you have disable all the security suites from your computer for atleast 15 minutes during the firmware upgrade.
- All the data on your Galaxy Tab should be backed up as it will get wiped out during the firmware upgrade.
- Users need to enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01D and you need to follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Make sure that your device is only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01 D only.
Assuming that you have followed all these, you need to now proceed with the next page to apply these updates.
Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01D with the new OMLC3 Firmware
Follow the instructions carefully to apply the updates –
- Download the firmware package and the Odin 3 v1.2 tool on to your computer.
- Extract it on your mobile phone and turn off your Galaxy Tab so that you can enter it download mode.
- Once can enter Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01 D by pressing the volume keys combination of volume down button, power button and this will enter your phone in the download mode.
- On the phone gets into download mode, you need to select the option of Download as shown in the image and then press the Power button to enter the same.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- You will see the ID : COM ports turns Yellow which means that you are ready to select the files and you need to click on the PDA to select the download archive files.
- Click on Start to begin the process of the firmware upgrade. As soon as the update is successful the tablet will be rebooted again on its own.
- Now disconnect the device from your PC and reboot your device to enter it in recovery mode.
- Press the Volume Down button and holding the volume rockers keys you need to turn the device ON by pressing the power button.
- In the recovery mode you need to select the option of Wipe data / factory reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition and then select reboot your device now. To make select use the volume keys and to select the highlighted option make use of the power key.
Congratulations that you have now successfully updated the Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE SC 01D with the OMLC3 firmware. Do let us know if you face any issues during the upgrade process.