The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 is the successor of the Galaxy Tab 7.0 available in various countries. This is with the advanced specifications and features included in the device. The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 whether its Wi Fi or the 3G variant has got the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Following in this article we will go through the procedure on how you can update your Galaxy Tab 2 with the officially released Android 4.0.4 firmware based on the ZSBHL3.
Pre Upgrade Instructions
For the smooth run of this update on your tablet you should ensure the follow pre upgrade instructions to be fulfilled -
- You also need to ensure that you have the latest Samsung drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
- Also importantly, you should enable the USB debugging on your tablet as well. If its enable then its OK to proceed to next step but confirm it once by going through Settings > Applications > Developments > USB debugging. And here just ticked the “USB debugging” option.
- Also ensure that you have disabled all the security antivirus and firewall protection on your device to avoid an interruption during the process of the update.
- Also make sure that your Galaxy Tab 2 is charged atleast to 50 %. Although its very much fine if you proceed with the firmware update once when the battery is fully charged.
Procedure to Update
When you have fulfilled the above pre upgrade instructions, you should follow the below mentioned steps to apply the update.
- Download the latest firmware package based on the Android 4.0.4 file size around 737 MB in total. You need to also download the Odin flashing tool with the latest version as the Odin3 v1.85.
- Once the firmware package is downloaded, extract the same on your PC. Also open the Odin 3 v 1.85 tools on your CP which is a executable file used for updating your device.
- Once the Odin is opened, you need to select “Auto Reboot”, “F Reset Time” boxes are ticked and “Repartition” box is unchecked.
- Swith of your Galaxy Tab 2 tablet so that you can enter it in download mode.
- Once can easily enter Tab 2 in download mode pressing the key combination of Volume Down, Power button and follow the on screen instructions to enter into download mode.
- Now connect your Tab 2 device to your PC using the USB cable. Make sure that ID:COM shows the Yellow color and message “Added” is shown.
- Now select the following files under the PDA, Phone, CSC, PIT –
PDA – Select the file with .tar in it.
Phone – Select the file with *modem* in its name
CSC – Select the *csc* in its name
PIT – Select the .pit file
- Now hit the Start button to begin the process of update.
- Once the device is flashed it will be automatically rebooted and Pass message will appear in the Odin tool box. Now disconnect the USB cable from the tablet and see your tablet with the newly official 4.0.4 firmware.
You can check back for the new firmware version and the baseband version by going through Menu > Settings and About Tablet.