Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus is an Android powered tablet of the most famous Galaxy Series. There were some bugs reported by the users of this device. The problems faced by the users were force close errors. If you’re experiencing these errors on your device, then this update can fix all of your errors.
Note: This is a non Kies update, and you would have to use ODIN Downloader to install this update on your device, and the update is easy to apply but it can still fail if you do anything wrong, so better play safe.
Preparing for the update
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as these would be lost in the firmware upgrade.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your device so that it would have around 60% battery.
- Install Device drivers on your computer using the software CD that is supplied with each unit on Galaxy Tab Plus, if you don’t have it then download the drivers from the official samsung website.
Updating to Honeycomb 3.2 with DDKL2 Firmware
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- First of all sit calm, prepare your computer and download the DDKL2 Honeycomb Firmware and Odin Tool on your computer.
- Then, Run the Odin3_v1.0.exe file, this will be used to install the firmware on your device.
- Now, Turn off your Galaxy Tab Plus and bring it to the downloading mode (Press Volume Down button+ Power on button to start the downloading mode) The device will start in the downloading mode.
- After that, connect your device to your computer using the USB Cable.
- The ODIN Downloader window will start showing the device in the ID:COM Section and one box will turn yellow, that means the device has been successfully connected.
- Click the PDA tab and select the P6200DDKL2_P6200ODDKL1_P6200DDKK5_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- After selecting the file, the process will start and the firmware will be installed on your device.
- After the firmware is installed, the device will restart itself and would be running the Honeycomb 3.2 firmware on it.
Congo! You’ve successfully installed the Honeycomb 2.3 Firmware on your Galaxy Tab 7.0. If you’ve faced any problem then do tell us in the comments.