The Online communities were saying that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7” won’t receive the Android ICS Update for it officially. But who cares?, the modding community has already come up with the Android ICS update that you can install on your device to enjoy the same. Now You can install Android ICS on your Galaxy Tab with the AOKP ROM. AOKP is a custom ROM based on AOSP that’s brings fast performance and and customization on your device.
Known issues and Bugs on the ROM
- Trying to centre the clock will result in the clock disappearing ( settings -> rom control -> clock -> clock style )
- Trying to put the brightness control under the toggles will result in a graphic glitch ( settings -> rom control -> toggles -> brightness location )
- Horizontal recents menu only uses a small part of the screen ( settings -> rom control -> general ui -> horizontal recents menu )
- Torch does not work
- May be more, or you tell me!
Read on to know more about the way to flash the Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Galaxy Tab P1000 Android Tablet.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and the official company isn’t the creator of the ROM, there can be a few bugs on the ROM as it hasn’t been released by the company. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Tool. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS ROM on Galaxy Tab P1000
- The instructions are working for Galaxy Tab 7″ P1000, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Galaxy Tab Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android ICS ROM on Galaxy Tab P1000
Disclaimer: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then your device can brick, remember Neither me nor thedroidnation.com is held responsible in case your device gets bricked. Proceed at your own risk, and always make sure that you’ve checked all essential pre-requisites.
- Download the Android ICS ROM for Galaxy Tab from the official development thread at XDA.
- Power off the tab and reboot into CWM Recovery. To do so, Press and hold the Volume UP + Power Button together and wait for the device to start.
- Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- After the completion “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed the Android ICS ROM on Galaxy Tab 7 P1000.