Samsung Galaxy Y Pro, the Android smartphone that makes everyone happy (as it’s cheap) has got a custom gingerbread 2.3.6 ROM which has come with lot of bug fixes like slow android market, Force close errors, lags while browsing with the internal browser etc. This update has got so many fixes with it so it’s recommended that you update your Galaxy Y device to this firmware to improve your mobile experience.
This is a non KIES update and ODIN Downloader is used to install the firmware in the mobile phone, so backup all of your mobile phone data and follow all the mentioned steps carefully, in order to prevent your mobile phone getting bricked.
Pre-Requisites to Install Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Y Pro
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as these would be lost in the firmware upgrade.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would have around 50% battery, and in case you’ve already installed any custom firmware then you would have to clear the caches using the recovery mode.
- Install all required device drivers of your mobile phone from the manufacturer’s website.
Installing Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware on Galaxy Y Pro
Note: Neither TheDroidNation.com or I will not be responsible if you happen to brick your device during this firmware upgrade process. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware for Galaxy Y Pro and extract the files of the archive in a separate folder, enter password “android” when asked.
- There would be five files inside the folder which would have been extracted from the archive.
- Open ODIN Downloader Executable file and turn off your mobile phone in order to start it in download mode.
- Start your mobile phone by pressing “Volume Down Key + OK Button + Power button” your mobile phone will start in Download Mode.
- Once, your mobile phone starts in the download mode, ID : COM Section will fill will yellow color, that means your mobile phone has been detected by ODIN Downloader.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the ODIN Downloader window and select the file named “B5510XXKJ2_B5510OXAKJ2_B5510XXKJ2_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on start.
- The Process will start, and would take around 5 minutes. When the process is complete remove the USB cable when you would come to see your HOME SCREEN.
- Now, Restart your mobile phone in order to enter the Recovery Mode, Press “Volume Down Key + OK Button + Power button” and the device will boot in recovery mode. In the recovery mode, select “Wipe cache partition” and then “Wipe data/factory reset” and then reboot your device by selecting “Reboot system now“.
- The phone will start, running the gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
So, that’s how you can successfully upgrade your Galaxy Pro’s firmware to the latest one.