It has become a daily task for Samsung as the firmwares for different devices are getting leaked daily. Samsung Infuse 4G has got a new unofficial firmware ROM, version UCLB3, just after few days when the UCLB1 was leaked. The ROM is still on the beta stage and bugs are there in the ROM, so can’t be said as a daily driver but still worth installing.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Gingerbread 2.3.6 ROM on Infuse 4G
- The instructions are working for Samsung Infuse 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 on Samsung Infuse 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download UCLB3 ROM and the ODIN Flashing Tool.
- Extract the firmware package.
- Turn off the mobile phone, and reboot into download mode, download mode on Infuse 4G can be accessed by connecting the device to PC and then pressing and holding Volume UP and Volume Down button together.
- Open the ODIN Application on your PC Now, you will get the “Added! !” message which means that the device is successfully connected.
- Now, Click on the PDA Tab on the ODIN Window and select the “I997UCLB3-Homebinary.tar.md5″ file.
- Hit the START Button and the process will start.
- Your device will be rebooted upon the completion of the process.
That’s it, You’ve successfully installed Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Infuse 4G.