Google Nexus tablet brings the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version to the world of droid and this is with version number as JRO03. Samsung Infuse 4G gets the love of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update although this is the custom firmware launched by the XDA forums developer called Supernewbdev who came in quickly with this update to the long forgotten Infuse 4G smart phone.
Please note that official firmware of this device hasn’t been announced and 4.1 Jelly bean brings the goodness of features like Voice recognition and user interface changes. But before we proceed with the upgrade procedure you should make sure that you go through the essential required steps before updating your smart phone here –
- Data present on your Infuse 4G smart phone will be lost during this update and we advised you to back up your files so that you don’t lose any important file. Take the help of following apps –
Call Log - Use Call Log and Restore app
- Please ensure that you have more than 40 % battery life on your smart phone or else there is possibility that your smart phone goes down with power in the middle of the firmware upgrade.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your smart phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and you should tick the USB debugging option.
- You also need rooting access to your Infuse 4G smartphone.
- Please make sure that your phone is rooting on the current firmware that you have.
- Users should understand the risk involved in the custom firmwares.
Follow the below instructions carefully to update your Infuse 4G smart phone with the latest JellyBean 4.1 JRO03 firmware package –
- Download the JellyBean 4.1 Firmware package to your PC and once downloaded connect your phone using the USB Cable to the PC and then move the downloaded content to the root of your SD card.
- Now disconnect the device and turn off your smart phone so that you can enter it in recovery mode. One can easily enter this device in recovery mode pressing the key combination of volume up, Volume down key and holding both you need to press the power button.You can make use of the following video for recovery mode –
- Up next in the recovery mode menu you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and t hen choose the downloaded package to apply the updates.
- It will take not more than 10 minutes for the updates to be applied.
Do let us know how this update has went to your Infuse 4G smart phone. Did you go through any problem.