MIUI Based Android Open Kang Project ROM is now available for Samsung Vibrant. The ROM is based on the latest Android ICS 4.0.3 developed by the XDA Developer named “Romanbb” with some other devs. AOKP ROM brings lots of customization’s, added speed, and amazing design to your T-Mobile Vibrant 4G. Thanks to the XDA Developers for developing these amazing ROMs without taking money from us people. Let’s read on to know more about the process to install the ROM on the device.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Samsung isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the Recovery Mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install AOKP ROM on Vibrant 4G
- The instructions are working for Samsung Vibrant 4G, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Rooted mobile phone with ClockworkMod Recovery installed in it.
How to Install AOKP ROM on Vibrant 4G
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the AOKP ROM and the Google Apps package from the official development thread at AOKP Dev forum.
- Transfer both the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Power off the device and reboot into CWM recovery mode, to do so, press and hold Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power Button.
- Now, perform a full wipe on your device. As soon as you’re on the CWM Screen, select “Mounts and Storage” >> “Format System” >> Yes. Now, select “Format Data” then “Format Cache” and confirm by selecting YES. Go to Advanced >> Wipe Dalvik Cache >> YES.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then “choose zip from sdcard” and select the file which we had transferred to the mobile phone in step 2.
- Once, the installation of the ROM is complete. Install the Google Apps Package using the same method.
- After the installation of both the packages is complete, go back and “reboot system now”.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed AOKP ROM on Your Samsung Vibrant 4G.