Another ICS Themed ROM is out and now the ROM has been released for the devices named Xperia Arc and Arc S. The XDA Member named “burakgon” recently released the brand new ICS themed ROM for these devices. The ROM was originally announced for the Neo but seems to be working well on the devices Arc and Arc S. If you want to get the taste of Android Ice Cream Sandwich on your device then you can install this themed ROM on your device and enjoy with the same.
Note: This is an themed ROM, that means it will change the look of UI of your mobile phone and would make it similar to Ice Cream Sandwich look, but your firmware will remain the same. This is not an official update and has to be applied to your mobile phone by making use of some developer tools.
Features of the ICS Themed ROM for Xperia Arc and Arc S
- Status bar controls (Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS etc)
- Battery + notification bar icons
- ICS icons
- Dialer + Camera + Music + Genie Widget (News & Weather)
- Boot animation
- UI Sounds + Ringtones + Notifications
- Full theme!
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android ICS Themed ROM on your Xperia Arc and Arc S
- The instructions are working for Xperia Arc and Arc S, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Device Drivers installed on your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your mobile phone should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
Steps To Install Android ICS Themed ROM on your Xperia Arc and Arc S
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the ICS Theme for your device.
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer and transfer the file to your mobile phone.
- Switch off the mobile phone and restart it in recovery mode.
- In the CWM Recovery Screen, scroll down and select “install zip from sd card” and select the file which you had transferred earlier on your device.
- The flashing of the ROM will start and the installation will complete soon.
- After your mobile phone is rebooted, apply the theme and enjoy the futuristic look of Android ICS on your device.
Congratualtions! You’ve successfully installed Android ICS Themed ROM on your device.