Xperia X10 has got a new ROM for itself named as the Dark Edition HD ROM, the ROM is an MIUI 4 Custom ROM, as we all know that MIUI ROMs are known for their beautiful look. The ROM is based on the latest Android Gingerbread 2.3 edition and has been developed by the XDA Member 7hr08ik, technically the ROM is based on Android 2.3 but includes many frameworks and animations from Android ICS.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and Sony isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be flashed to the Mobile phone using the Recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Information About The ROM
Quoted From the XDA Development thread
(If any apps plese try uninstall and re-install through market)
Beside the usual host of apps,
Adfree – Blocks ads from Apps and games. Very useful
DSP Manager – Equalizer
Link2SD – Check Here
MX Video Player
SD Maid – Does what it says on the tin. Clears up temp files etc.
StudioKUMA .nomedia – Blocks chosen folders on SD Card from media scanning in apps and android. Speeds up phone and media apps
vscreens – Very fun app, for showing your pics on computer screen without any cables
XDA – Lords of customization need to be included
Pre-Requisites to Install Dark Edition HD ROM on your Xperia X10
- The instructions are working for Xperia X10 Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Xperia Device Drivers installed in your computer.
- Make sure you’re on the correct baseband (2.1.71), download it here.
- Rooted Device with CWM Recovery Installed.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
How to Install Dark Edition HD ROM on your Xperia X10
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download DarkEdition ROM and Flashtool from the XDA Development Thread.
- Extract the Package there would be two folders, Kernel and the Main ROM.
- Now Launch the Flashtool, and use it to flash the kernel file on your device.
- Once it is complete. Once you’re on the CWM Recovery Screen. Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“. Select “Wipe Cache” and confirm by selecting “yes“, and after that go to Advanced >> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and confirm again by selecting “yes“.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “Choose zip from sdcard” >> Confirm by selecting “Yes“.
- After the ROM is completely flashed onto the device, go back and “reboot system now“.
You’ve successfully installed Android MIUI 4 ROM on Xperia X10.