The most well known T-mobile handset myTouch 4G has got a new MIUI ROM, the new ROM is based on Android 2.3 but has been themed to look similar to Ice Cream Sandwich, the ROM has been ported from the MIUI ROM for HTC Sensation by a XDA Developer named “tbalden“. The Custom ROM will give your device a unique UI that would be the mixture of MIUI 4 and Android ICS. That’s a recommended Custom ROM for the myTouch 4G users but there are some things which are not working on the device, let’s see what they are.
Things that currently don’t work:
- FM Radio.
- Sym and www keys.
- Doesn’t seem to boot when USB is plugged in.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and T-Mobile isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install MIUI 4 ROM on myTouch 4G Slide
- The instructions are working for T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- T-Mobile device drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your device should be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
How to Install MIUI 4 ROM on myTouch 4G Slide
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download the MIUI ROM Package and the tbaldens-keyboard-miui-gb-0.1-fix-doubleshot-v2.zip file to your computer.
- Transfer both files to the root of your SD Card. Turn off your mobile phone now.
- Boot the mobile phone into recovery mode, recovery mode on myTouch 4G can be accessed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button which will take you to the HBOOT Mode. Use the Volume Rocker keys to select “recovery“.
- Now, Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“.
- Select “Wipe Cache” and confirm by selecting “yes“,
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” then select the MIUI ROM which we had transferred earlier on the device and let the flashing complelte, now using the same process install the tbaldens-keyboard-miui-gb-0.1-fix-doubleshot-v2.zip file to your mobile phone.
- Now, Go back and select “reboot system now”.
You’ve successfully installed MIUI 4 ROM on your myTouch 4G slide.