Yesterday we had covered up the process to install the MIUI 4 Themed ROM for myTouch 4G. Today senior XDA developer named “febycv” has released the CyanogenMod 9 based ROM for myTouch 4G slide. The ROM is still in the Alpha stage so there can be a few bugs in the device. The ROM is based on Android ICS 4.0.3 and has been compiled from the latest Cyanogenmod source, this would surely rock your device.
Note: This is an non-official update that has been released by some developer and T-Mobile isn’t the creator of the ROM. So, the warranty will be voided if you install this firmware, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE.
Current issues in the CM9 ROM for myTouch 4G Slide
- USB Mount
Warning for Beginners:
Note: This is an non official update and has to be applied to the Mobile phone using the recovery mode. The steps which are included in this guide are very risky and can even brick off your mobile phone. Unless you are aware with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and ODIN, don’t even try these things on your mobile phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install CM9 ROM on myTouch 4G Slide
- The instructions are working for T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide, Originally manufactured.
- Backup all of your SMS Messages using SMS Backup Application.
- Sync all of your Contacts with the Gmail Application.
- Copy all of your notes manually to somewhere else, as if in case your mobile phone gets bricked these notes will be deleted from the mobile phone.
- Take a backup of call logs, APN Settings, and other important things.
- Charge your mobile phone so that it would be having more than 60% battery.
- Now, enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- T-Mobile device drivers installed in your computer.
- Follow all steps carefully in order to get 100% assured success.
- Your device should be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
How to Install CM9 ROM on myTouch 4G Slide
Note: We have written each and every step clearly in order to make the update applied successfully but if any wrong step is taken then Neither me nor thedroidnation.com will be held responsible in case your device gets bricked.
- Download CM9 ROM and Google Apps Package from the development thread. Transfer both the files to the Root of your SD Card.
- Switch off the mobile phone and reboot it in recovery mode ( Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button).
- Once you’re on the CWM Recovery Screen. Perform a full wipe, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selection “Yes“. Select “Wipe Cache” and confirm by selecting “yes“, and after that go to Advanced >> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and confirm again by selecting “yes“
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” then select the CM9 ROM which we had transferred earlier on the device and let the flashing complete, after the flashing is complete install Google Apps Package using the same method.
You’ve successfully installed Android ICS on Your myTouch 4G.